About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Surf Competition at Playa El Tunco

2/25/12

Big surf competition today. Beach was packed with surfers and onlookers. Did not take pictures but really enjoyed watching all the talented surfers, especially the women. Unfortunately that led to lots of loud music at clubs and did not get to sleep until around 3 am. My fan was not loud enough to eliminate the music next door. 39 hr travel marathon begins tomorrow at 2 pm.

While looking at potential hostels in Philippines, I now realize that like my previous trip to Asia most do not have kitchen facilities usually because food on street is so cheap. But gotta figure out how to get hot water for my instant coffee in my backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment