About Me

My photo
I am a bohemian nomad, someone who acts and lives free of regard for conventional rules and practices, but also one who moves according to the seasons. After traveling to over 100 countries and all 7 continents over the past 12 years I feel that I truly subscribe to the words of Mary Poxon, who said. "I sought to see the amazing as normal and the daily as unique, and in that swirling paradox I found the joy of travel." I will be forever in pursuit of new sights and adventures and hope that maybe I can convince a few more to give budget travel a chance. Budget travel gives those with little money an opportunity to travel and those with money an opportunity to travel longer.

Monday, February 13, 2012

Heading to Philippines in a month

1/26/12

Everything fell into place just as I was about to give up on a Philippines trip. American Airlines credited me with enough miles for a FREE trip from San Salvador, El Salvador to Los Angeles. (even though it involves 18.5 hrs to get to Los Angeles) What we do from free trips. Then I get on a plane 2.5 hrs later for the 19 hrs involved getting to Manila via Tokyo.

But really excited as Boracay Beach is one of most beautiful beaches in world. Ranked 2nd by many. Also the underground river is on the New 7 Natural Wonders of the World. Add the steepest rice terraces in the world and swimming with Whale Sharks and I am expecting an awesome trip. Just need to get my new credit cards before my trip. Old ones canceled due to cloning. But will work it out. 2 more weeks in San Pedro, then to Antigua for few days to see friends, then to Playa Tunco for remainder of my trip before heading to the airport.

This trip will give me the excitement that I have been missing in not seeing new places which is my passion. Will return on April 24th and then work on Backpacker Travel and guided trips to Ireland in late May/early June. Then Costa Rica and Guatemala trips during summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment